2.23.2012

2 Movies: 1 Week

Josh and I have been really good about saving money, but this past week we decided to go out a little. Two movies came to theater that we both were looking forward to seeing, The Vow & Chornicle.


Let me first say this will touch on some of the things that happen in the movies so this is your
***************************Spoiler Alert!******************************
Nothing goes into extreme detail, but it is a warning if you wish to be completely out of the know in seeng either of these movies.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*


The Vow
Staring Rachel McAdams & Channing Tatum

Josh and I did end up going out Valentine's Day. We were both feeling sick still, but decided to make the best of it. We went to eat at Ruby Tuesdays, mini golfed at what we call The Disappointment (a local mall), and then we went to see The Vow. Josh was a little reluctant, but it had been awhile since he saw a 'chick flick' with me.

My overall impression: I loved it.

The beginning took off in a great direction. Lately, I feel like a lot of movies are just slow moving and I lose interest quickly. This kept me intrigued. I had a fairly good idea what was going to happen, how couldn't you from the previews?! ..She gets in a coma, loses her memory, and he wins her back.

The moment before the accident had my heart pulsing. I knew it was going to happen, but I was already tied to the characters and it tore me to see it happen.

Before seeing the movie, I knew there were mixed reviews so I honestly was expecting the worse. I was pleasantly surprised though. I felt like I would know what was coming throughout and I didn't, it had me hooked and I like that.

Channing slightly "narrating" throughout was perfect.

I loved their first, "do over" date. When they're in the cafe and they're playing "russian roulette" with the chocolate truffles, it was such a cute scene. I really felt the connection of the two actors there.

I shed a tear here and there and while it wasn't uber 'romantic' it was a heartfelt drama. It made you think and Josh and I both enjoyed that.

The ending. I knew how it was going to end, okay not really, but as the final scenes wrapped up you could tell. It wasn't how I 'wanted' it to end, but it did and I wasn't left disappointed, I was actually content. Another thing that doesn't happen to often anymore.

I've come to the conclusion that it's hard to write a good ending. No one wants the 'obvious', but no one wants a sad ending either. I don't know how the writers to do it.

Now I need to read the book and the REAL story.


Chronicle
Staring Dane DeHaan

Josh and I decided on Monday to go see another movie that we were both really wanting to see.

My overall impression: Intrigued.

Where do I even start with this one? It was original, innovative, intriguing, and slightly scary. I'm not even sure what genre you'd classify it as?

The gist is 3 kids obtain 'super powers' of telekinesis, they grow stronger, too strong, and it all comes crashing down upon them.

If only it were that simple though.

The camera work or lack there of with the view being from a camera recording the events the entire time was so interesting. I was stuck on every single word and movement.

Andrew, the main character had me wanting to help him and his role was so well played by DeHann. It was someone you wanted to like, but with the turn of events and him 'losing it' you want to hate him and yet you still can't.

The cost for this production had to have been astronomical, it was so well put together. The effects were amazing. You could just watch that alone, with literally no sound and be astonished. I swear.

Each time I thought I knew what was going to happen they did something different. The 'climax' of the movie was seriously frightening and had me clutching my seat. As everything came crashing down and it continuously getting worse and worse, I had no idea how it was going to end.

And then it did. The ending, ugh. Mixed thoughts. I wasn't disappointed though, I was again content. When he just left the camera there I just felt peace abound. For Matt and for Andrew. Again, something I was NOT expecting.

So in my eyes a phenomenal film definitely worth seeing.


Have you seen these movies?
Do you have a different take? I'd love to hear about it..




No comments: