2.01.2012

Waist Watcher Wednesday - Week #5

I am joining up with Rachael at You, Me, and Natalie for Waist Watcher Wednesdays.


Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

How did I do this past week?

Well counting calorie wise..it was an "ok" week. Josh worked/had class 3/7 days this past week and I'm so terrible at feeding myself. I know that sounds bad, but that's what it is. I just want something quick and simple and if I'm home alone there is no one saying "Hey, I'm hungry..what are we eating." So I literally ignore my hunger until I can't stand it and then I find something, but usually it's not healthy. Bad, I know; I'm working on it though.

Gym wise? I'd like to think I'm heading in the right direction. After Monday and Tuesdays workout last week I was sore until well into Friday. Yeah, it was miserable. So I had no motivation to get to the gym.

Monday though, I headed to gym like a good girl, without Josh. Again, hard for me to get motivated, but I went. And I shocked myself to say the least. I took my Ipod and headphones and hopped on one of the elliptical machines. (Love that thing by the way!) and I did a 20 minute workout with a 5 minute "cool down". The reason I'm impressed with that? I used to have sports related asthma and let's just say my endurance has been down for quite some time. I noticed that with music I do a lot better, it helps me to not concentrate so much on being out of breath. So I did 25 minutes on there and then I got one of the balls down to do some crunches. Afterwards, I treated myself and tanned.



Today we went to the gym together. I was actually ready before Josh was. I think he can tell I'm getting more and more motivated. I'm really enjoying the "me" time. I used to LOVE class room environments for working out, but there is just something about doing it myself that is super gratifying. I don't see myself taking any classes anytime soon actually.

I did 25 minutes on the elliptical, crunches on the ball (80..20 more than Monday, because I didn't feel it as much the next day as I wanted to), and "back" crunches in the "Core" room. It feels so good! I then again treated myself and tanned.



So yeah. I think I'm headed in the right direction. I'm not dreading walking into the gym and working out and I'm getting there by myself. Yay, me!

Now since I didn't post "before" photos..I took these today. I have that dreaded "pouch" to get rid of and really that's my main goal. I'm content with the rest of my body..I just want my abs back that I had years ago in dance.




Stats:

Weight: 164 lbs.  161.6  160.2
BMI:  24.7   23.9   23.7

Down 1.4 lbs from last week and 3.8 lbs total. I'm definitely headed in the right direction. It feels so goo to actually see that number going down. I'll be more impressed with I have total of say 10 lbs lost, because I haven't seen my weight go under 155 lbs in over 6 years.

Measurements:
Red - up from last week
Green - down from last week


Bust: 37"  36.5"
Chest: 32"
Waist: 31"  30.5"  30.75"
Stomach: 36.5"  35.75"  36"
Hips: 39.5"  39"
Thighs: 25.5"  24.5"  24.25"
Calf's: 16"  15.5"
Upper Arms: 11.75"  11.5"
Forearms: 9"  9.25"  9"

If you'd like to join in post here and/or link up with us over at
You, Me, and Natalie.

Even though I'm not running right now, this still inspires me and it's very true. The hardest step for me is out my door to head to the gym on my own, but just like everything else..I'm working on it. =)

Source


Signing off,
Ida Jad


 

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I'm so proud of you! I should be getting my gym membership soon, I am so excited! =)