2.09.2012

Our Love Story Link Up



I saw this link up on Live, Love and in Between's blog and loved the idea of a vday driven post. =)

One. How long have you and your significant other been together?
A little more than 5 years.

Two. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
We met my Junior year in Highschool in a graphic arts class, but that's not where our story really begins. We were friends, but never really got to know one another. When Josh graduated in '06 we lost touch. We reconnected over Myspace in November 2006.

A short few days later after texting back and forth he asked me to come with him, his sister, and his cousin to a 24 hour diner for a midnight buffet, Eat N Park, on a school night. At the time I was living with my grandmother and I literally had to beg to go, but in the end I was allowed. When he picked me up I just knew things were different, we both did actually. We had a really good time and we made plans to go for Chinese two days later, our first "date". Everything went perfectly!

A few days later was Thanksgiving, we ended up spending the next evening together. We met up for a local VERY small town light up parade for the holidays and then we headed back to his house for Turkey Day leftovers. That's where I met not just his parents for the first time, but I also met his grandma, aunts, uncles, cousins....you get the picture.

We started "officially" going out that night,..less than an hour later he was called to a structure fire. I had no idea what that meant at the time, but Josh wanted to go so of course I told him to go. His dad told him to stay, but I insisted (it's what he loved and how could I stop him?). Without going into to much detail, I waited for him, and he came home around 3am.

The next day we spent the entire day in Pittsburgh; where we had our first kiss overlooking the gorgeous skyline. And well..the rest is history. =)

Three. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
7.31.10 so a little more than 1 1/2 years. =)

Four. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We got married back in PA. An island in the middle of lake at a State Park...
We were married right under that first tree near the middle of the island.
It was perfect. The reception was at his old volunteer department's fireman's club. It was pretty big; around 200 guests.

Five. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Bum, Bummy, Butthead..and a few others. =)

Six. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
How hardworking his at everything he does. His humor; he can make me laugh no matter what. And how sweet, loving, and caring he is to me, family, and friends. He's pretty amazing.<3

Seven. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
We were having a really long talk about life and where we were, where we wanted to be, and where we were going. We were out in the kitchen at one point and I was sitting on the counter when he came over and looked me in the eyes. He asked "How long have we been together?" I looked at the clock to be smart and figure it out to the day. It was 12:03am, which made it the 17th of February. Before I could answer he told me it didn't matter because we would be together for Eternity. He asked me if he had to get on one knee and I shook my head yes. I honestly thought he was pulling my leg because he had "teased" me about it before; how he could do at any minute and how he may or may not have a ring already. As soon as his knee hit the floor the tears streamed down my face. After a "Will you marry me?" and a "Yes, yes, yes!!" he immediately asked me to go ring shopping with him the next day. We did everything else together, so why not this?! We went the very next day up to PA and picked out a ring very similar to one we had looked at a year earlier.
 
 
Eight. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Neither, really. He's randomly sweet though and the little things are what count. I've had a little of almost all the above, so it's a nice variety.

Nine. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Most of the time a movie and couch person, but I like a touch of the "sunset dinner on the beach" type of settings. =)

Ten. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? 
Travel. A lot. We've talked about multiple places, but one I'm really excited for is France Ireland. It used to be France and I still want to go there, but I just think as a couple we will really enjoy Ireland together. Hopefully we'll get to go sooner than later.

Eleven. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
I don't think we'll be doing anything this year, were doing our best to save for an upcoming vaca or two.

Twelve. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Lots of hugs and kisses.

Thirteen. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Communication about anything and everything and never, ever going to bed mad or walking away from one another. It's something we pride ourselves in.

Fourteen. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
Signing off,
Ida Jade

No comments: