1.30.2012

Nails, Nails, Nails


I haven't painted my own nails in YEARS and I mean YEARS. I can't even remember the last time actually. Between my friends, Michelle and Rachael, and Pinterest I've really been wanting to do my nails. So I asked for some nail polish for Christmas.



..and Josh got me some!

It's a great little Essie Collection
Cocktail Bling
Bobbing for Baubles
Bangle Jangle
Size Matters
Some of you probably seen my post of the great design Michelle did on my nails, Thursday night. I LOVED them, but me and acrylic don't last long together. So after losing one nail and her fixing it, I lost 3 more. =( Boo!

So I decided I'd paint them on my own.

I took off my acrylics and decided to use another of my Christmas gifts, which is perfect because we're going to a Pittsburgh Penguins game tomorrow night up in Pittsburgh. I'm SO excited.



I put 2 coats of the Cocktail Bling on which is like a gray. And did the little trick I learned from Rachael on her blog post to make them dry faster. Her trick? Run them under cold water for 20 seconds. It works. I swear. I was so impressed.



Then I took my tattoos and cut them to their smallest size so they would fit nicely on the nail. I was worried about them staying in place, but the "stickiness" of the nail polish allows it to stick without moving. Yay!

I used a small bowl of water and a washcloth to apply water to the tattoo for it to transfer. I did this for 30 seconds and they transferred perfectly.




So excited for the game!

Signing off,
Ida Jade

No comments: