11.15.2011

Brown Sugar Oatmel Body Scrub




This one started out as a Pinterst find, but ended up being me googling and experimenting. I saw this pin that had Lauren Conrad as the picture and her "recipe" for an exfoliant and all it was, was baking soda and water. I didn't feel like this would be too healthy for your skin, so I started to Google.

I came across this recipe for a body scrub...

Brown Sugar Oatmel Body Scrub
-
3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of ground oatmel
- 1/4 cup of honey
- base oil (jojoba, coconut, olive oil..)
- essential oils

Oh I guess I should say that the reason I started looking for something was to exfoliate before using my self tanning lotion I purchased, Jergens Moisturizer.


I ended up using:
- 3/4 cup mix of brown sugar and regular sugar (I didn't have quite enough brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup ground oatmel
- 1/4 cup of honey
- olive oil
- lemon juice (the one the little plastic lemon bottle)





It was pretty simple, the goal is to gently take away dead cells so it really did the job and it smells really good. I've used it twice now and my skin has been super, super soft! I believe what I made will last me for 2 months, maybe even more, and that's with using it every other day.

I encourage you all to try it, it took no time and stores nicely in just a regular plastic container.

Signing off,
Ida Jade

No comments: