11.04.2011

Fly..

I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise
To fly
To fly

Nicki Minaj Lyrics featuring Rihanna - "Fly"

Okay, so I know I'm not the only one who listens and interprets songs in their own way. Some reason this song gets to me. Alot of you don't know the story of my past (it was nothing extremely major, but it was life changing). I never thought I would have all that I have right now. I tend to take what I have for granted. I don't do it on purpose, but sometimes I just forget to count my blessings.

Life really is great.

About a week or so ago I saw a facebook status of a former class mate in highschool and planning of our 5 year reunion is underway.

Okay, so I know I have so much more life to live and many of you are probably thinking I'm just a "baby," but in these past 5 years out of highschool I have accomplished far more than I ever believed possible. So many of my dreams have changed and where I am is definitely not where I thought I would be, but it's wonderful.

Here's what "didn't" happen:
*I didn't attain my bachelor degree or even my associates
*I didn't attend Point Park University and Major in Dance and Minor in Business
*I didn't stay in Pennsylvania

I guess that's really not much, but it's what I thought back in my junior year that I would be doing for the past 5 years

Here's what did happen:
*I did take 3 full semesters and one 1/2 semester online for Small Business
*I did move to WV with my boyfriend (at the time) for his career
*I did get engaged to that wonderful boyfriend
*I did get married to that wondeful fiance
*I did buy a beautiful home
*I did go to school online and pass the test for my WV Real Estate License
*I did get a sweetheart beagle puppy
*I did find my career as a Realtor

Holy moly! It's not what everyone always tells you, you have to do or should do, but it's worked well for me. I think I'll eventually get at least my associates if not my bachelor's in business, but for now..I'm very content.

So I guess the key lesson here is "Things Change."

I'm a HUGE believer in "Everything Happens for a Reason" and I know that I'm on the right path.

Thank you to all of my friends, family, and also those who ever doubted me. This brings me back to..

I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise
To fly
To fly

I have so much more to accomplish, so much more I want to do. To have all of that in 5 years?! I can only imagine what I'll be able to capture in the next 5, 10,...50 years.

Signing off,
Ida Jade

No comments: